- With good education, perseverance and hard work young girls become healthier and raise healthier families.
- Education will open new opportunities as female doctors, nurses, lawyers and engineers.
- Educated young girls strengthen economies and create jobs.
Who we are
- Ann and Gabor Kato are two retired Swiss/Canadian neuroscientists who focused on helping girl’s education in Sri Lanka along with other initiatives for higher learning and quality of life improvement.
- Their goal was to improve the living conditions, health and education plus providing academic facilities for the Sri Sumangala Girls’ College in Weligama located on the south coast of Sri Lanka.
- This school hosts over 2000 girls from grade 3 to 13; it was badly damaged during the tsunami in December 2004.